Dale and Jo B&B Guest Room include a full breakfast for each day of your stay-- All homemade from Jo's cookbooks.
Dale and Jo View Suites B&B serves a sit down breakfast in our 2nd floor dining room (main dining room) at 8:00 a.m. If you don't get to the table exactly at 8:00, we will cover your breakfast for you. If you don't want to have breakfast this early, let me know. I can put your breakfast in the dining room frig for you to have later.
If you require a custom breakfast either due to a special diet or just preference-- let us know when you reserve with us and we will plan a special menu for you. Because of the short shelf life of food in Alaska we shop every few days to keep our pantry fresh. We need a minimum of 48 hours notice for a custom breakfast.
If I serve you a breakfast and you don't like it. Don't be shy. Let me know. I will let you know what else is available in my kitchen for you. We want every guest to enjoy breakfast.
Our typical breakfast is a hot protein entree, fresh hot bread, fresh fruit and, of course, juice plus tea or coffee. We do specialty breakfasts like fresh fruit tarts, a Savanah-style breakfast pizza, and some American favorites from time to time. Most of our breakfasts are savory, but we do serve a few sweet breakfasts.
Early Bird Breakfast Option-- For your departure day, if you need breakfast before 7:30, you can request an 'early bird breakfast.' This is made the night before and placed in the frig on the 1st floor or 2nd floor whichever is closest to your room. This is a homemade quality breakfast. We do need 48 hour notice for the 'early bird breakfast.' Because we have a small staff we can only provide this service on your departure morning.
Can't Make Breakfast-- If you are planning on not attending breakfast due to your schedule, you might consider choosing one of our guest rooms on the 1st floor with a full guest kitchen and choose our no-breakfast room rate. We take great pride in the quality of our breakfasts made from Jo's own recipes. We offer no breakfast in a bag service. We do have a cereal option if you need an early breakfast on a day other than your departure day.
If you forget to give us notice for a custom or departure early bird breakfast, we do have a cereal option available for you.
See below for guest parties with children under six.
Dale and Jo Breakfast Menu Sampler
Dale and Jo View Suites B&B specializes in homemade pastries and our own original recipes. Our latest cookbook will be available soon!
1. Quiche -- We serve traditional ham & cheese quiche. We also serve many varieties of quiche taking advantage of what is in season, especially during the summer. Side of fresh fruit, Juice, Bread Basket with toasting breads and sweet breads.
2. Yogurt -- Our homemade vanilla, cinnamom, or lemon yogurt is a favorite. We serve this with fresh fruits in a parfait. We also serve a 'mini-yogurt' side dish of lemon yogurt, coconut, and fresh blueberries which has become a house favorite. If you ask, you can have homemade yogurt served with our homemade museli. Cinnamon yogurt is the most common choice.*Early-Bird Option
3) Fruit Tarts -- Our homemade fruit tarts look French, but taste American Southern. Apple Tarts are available all year. Blueberry tarts are available in summer when available.
4) Southern Fruit Cobbler with seasonal fruit. We offer fruit cobbler mostly in summer. Mini-cobblers are often a side dish to our sit-down breakfast.
5) Homemade Swedish Muesli. Oats, raisin, cashews and honey toasted cereal. Traditional style includes fresh apples and oranges. Included will be berries in season. Served with milk or homemade yogurt. Our mini-museli is often a side dish to our sit-down breakfast, but is a very hearty breakfast by itself. *Early-Bird Breakfast Option
5) French Toast with Cinnamom Peach Topping or Fresh Strawberries. This is a sit-down breakfast served most often with link sausage and fresh fruit, juice.
6) Pancakes with Cooked Apple Caramel Topping. This is a sit-down breakfast served most often with scambled eggs, bacon or ham, fresh fruit, juice.
7). Frittata. Egg, Bacon and Cheddar Cheese baked in an individual casserole dish served with a side of seasonal fruit. This is a guest favorite we serve year round.
8) Old Fashion Oatmeal slow cooked with raisins, milk and cinnamon. Our guests love this old style of oatmeal which is available all year round. *Early-Bird Breakfast Option
11) Cereal, Served with side of fruit and milk: __Special K w dried strawberries __Raisin Bran __Grape Nuts. We keep cereal on hand for guests who prefer this instead of our breakfast of the day choice.
12) Vegetarian Brown Rice Multi-Veggie Salad with Chickpeas (requires 24 hour notice) Our veggie salad we make for vegetarian guests who let us know ahead of time they want all vegetarian breakfast choices.
13) Boil Egg Plate. Some of our guests want a modest breakfast with protein. This is a custom breakfast choice which we serve with side dishes you prefer like oatmeal, homemade yogurt, mini-cobbler, custard + fresh banannas & vanilla waffers, or just fresh fruits. Toast or Sweet breads, juice. *Early-Bird Option
14) Bagel Plate. Many of our guests only want a bagel with a side dish or fresh fruit. This is a custom breakfast we make according to your preferences given to us ahead of time.
15) Breakfast Fetuccine with Mushrooms, Pepper Bacon, Italian Genoa Salami. This is a brunch-like breakfast served with fresh fruit on the side.
16) Breakfast Pizza. This is a dish we discovered in Savannah, GA. Variations are Mushrooms & Salame, or Sliced Tomatoes & Mixed Cheeses. No red sauce is used. We are still experimenting with toppings.
17) Amish Casserole. We have our own variation of this favorite farmstyle egg dish. It is served in individual souffle dishes hot from the oven.
**Breakfast Service in Suites-- Our suites have a private kitchen and dining room. You have the option to reserve our suites with breakfast or at a lower rate without breakfast. For details please review the 2 bedroom suite page or our policy page.
Children Breakfasts-- If you have children under 12, you will be staying on our 1st floor where there is a private, child-safe, dining room. Guest parties with children older than six years old are welcome to reserve our full B&B service with breakfast and have breakfast in the formal 2nd floor dining room. If you have children under six years old, we offer you the self-catering option. Your private dining room is child-proof with electric plug covers and other safety precautions for young children. We provide special tables for toddlers and high chairs for babies. We do not allow children under 6 in the 2nd floor dining room because it is not a child-safe space.